To ensure the safety and longevity of your garage door, it should be serviced at least twice per year by a garage door supplier. Otherwise, you may experience malfunctions in its functioning which could lead to serious accidents with injury or property damage if not fixed immediately!
If your garage door repair is working properly and you’re not experiencing issues with it, annual maintenance will help keep its performance level consistent. However, if there are any safety concerns or problems detected during an inspection by a professional from a garage door supplier, then stop using that specific model of the gate immediately to avoid potential loss of life in case something goes wrong!
Some Signs That You Need Maintenance Service Now
Here are some signs that you should schedule an appointment now versus waiting for your regularly scheduled garage door maintenance service.
- Sagging Section It’s important to check and test your garage door once a year. This will involve disconnecting the opener from its power source, and operating it manually until you find out what is wrong with balance or other components like springs that could cause dangers if not properly repaired by professionals who know how best to handle these situations safely!
- Long Respond Time Your garage door should be responsive and quick to respond when you use an opener. The average time for a response from the command button press, opening, or closing shouldn’t exceed 2 seconds with no hitching in between events – but if there is any delay at all then it may mean something went wrong! A professional will know what needs attention on your end before anything gets worse so make sure they come out right away before things get really bad.
- Malfunctioning Photo-eye If you have a malfunctioning photo-eye, don’t try to fix it yourself! Your door could accidentally close if the infrared beam is blocked or something passes through. An expert should look at this issue because there may be other problems with parts of your garage door system as well. An easy way for you to figure out whether your Photo Eye was functioning properly would’ve been by lining up one side against another and seeing if they matched perfectly aligned six inches high.
- Problem With The Roller The rollers on your garage door is one of the most important parts. They keep it running up and down smoothly, but if they’re not properly maintained or replaced when needed then you could have problems with noise from rapid movement as well as bent hinges that stop working altogether! To fix these issues we would need a new roller installation which includes taking apart old ones too so be sure not only to check those tracks first before buying anything from a garage door supplier.
- Broken Cables The pulley and cable system of your garage door’s operation is an intricate network. If either cord breaks off, it can be difficult to find replacement parts for this complex gear machinery without professional help; not only that but fixing them yourself might seem like a good idea but isn’t recommended because there are many dangers involved in doing so.
Your garage door repair is your home’s largest moving part and can be potentially dangerous if not repaired or serviced properly. It’s never recommended that you try any repairs yourself as it may result in injury! If you need service from a garage door supplier, contact our company for all types of service on doors today; we’ll take care every step along the way.
Garage Door Supplier Vs DIY Garage Door Installation